Queen's High School offer a variety of sports that allow students to compete in local secondary school competitions and School Sport New Zealand sanctioned events.
- Our teams aspire to compete in regional and national competitions.
- We have coaches and/or managers for all teams.
- We encourage and support community coaches and student coaches to develop their skills by keeping them informed about courses and opportunities offered by the Sporting Organisations
- It is school policy to have a staff member present at all competitions our students are involved in.
- Uniforms are supplied for most sports.
- All students are encouraged to play a sport.
- We are inclusive for all students wanting to play a sport.
- We encourage leadership and leadership opportunities through, captains, coaching, officiating and sports council.
- We have students competing in the sanctioned Winter and Summer tournaments and Junior Tournament Week.
Many of our students have had National success in Athletics, Aerobics, Ice Hockey, Football, Softball, Surf Life-Saving and Water Polo.
Regionally we have had representatives in Aerobics, Athletics, Basketball, Cricket, Equestrian, Football, Futsal, Gymnastics, Hockey, Ice Hockey, Netball, Rowing, Rugby, Rugby League, Softball, Surf Life-Saving, Surfing, Table-Tennis, Tennis, Touch, Volleyball and Water Polo.
For further information please contact our Director of Sport:
Nikki Stumbles, firstname.lastname@example.org, 03 951 2841